Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm getting sick of gluten-free...

So, tonight I made a gluten-free version of lemon butter cookies. All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not the one on the gluten-free diet. I would post a picture of them, but they look exactly like the regular lemon butter cookies. (They're evil in a tasty disguise) I'm hoping the strong lemony glaze covers up the non-gluten cookie part of the cookie. They aren't that bad... in fact, they're better than a lot of people can do on a regular basis. (No offense to anyone in particular.) One day, my ADHD-filled daughter better realize how much I love her, cuz my feet are KILLING right now. So, how's the diet going, you ask? We don't really know if it's working yet. It could be, but we're just not sure enough to say one way or the other. Maybe we would be if people would STOP GIVING HER GLUTEN-FILLED GOODIES! *cough* raisin bread.... Hmm.... I highly doubt that cupcake the teacher gave her (after I told her she was on a gluten-free diet) was free of gluten. UGH!!! I'm starting to REALLY hate the word "gluten"!!!! It's annoying! Sorry.... blew up a little there... So, we'll see how tomorrow goes when she takes that first savory bite of lemon butter cookie that was made especially for her by her loving mother. Will the rest of the cookie go in the trash? Stay tuned to find out...

2 comments:

  1. I'm staying tuned .... it's been ....well. Quite awhile since this post. How'd it go????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly, she LOVES them... and so does JJ. He keeps trying to sneak them out of the kitchen. She asked me if I could hide them from him. lol

    ReplyDelete