Monday, September 5, 2011

New "Diet"

Well, Kaytlyn's on the road to behaving.... hopefully. We've tried all the "old" tricks... rewards, spanking, time-outs, bribing, taking away toys, and giving quarters to name a few. We've even gone as far as to COMPLETELY eliminate sugar and dairy from her diet. Nothing has worked and the parents are turning insane! So, before we take the BIG plunge and put her on ADHD medicine, we've decided to try one more natural solution... *Gluten Free*.
 
I've already bought bread, macaroni, cereal and chips that are gluten free. I've even got some cookie-mix that's gluten-free. (Did you know they just came out with Kellog's Rice Krispies Gluten-Free?) I'm going to make her home-made rice krispie treats for her snack at school tomorrow since it's her first day of 1st grade. I want it to be special for her. So, we (the parents) are REALLY hoping and praying (literally) that this works. She's got us so stressed out, I've only got 200 hairs left on my head and Jeremy is completely bald!

(The price of gluten-free foods are outrageous!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I hope this works for her and you guys. It can be very stressful when kids have behavereal problems. BJ had ADD minis the H. He couldn't comprehend what he read because he couldn't focus long enough to get past one paragraph without crying. I felt so bad for him. I'm glad there was no H involved, I probably would have ended up looking like Jeremy. Just remember, you have to love them harder than you discipline them. That's what Rog says anyway :)

    ReplyDelete