Friday, September 30, 2011

This diet isn't so bad I guess...

 The cookies I posted about last time were a HUGE hit. Both kids loved them and they didn't last for more than 3 days at the most. They were a little crumbly, but they tasted really good. We've noticed that the gluten-free diet is DEFINITELY making a difference in Kaytlyn's behavior. We can actually take her into a store now and she doesn't throw herself all over the floor, talk to EVERYONE, or touch everything within her reach. She has told us numerous times that she wants to listen to us, but she just can't and she doesn't know why. That makes me believe that her behavior was out of her control, which made me think: ADHD. She had ALL the symptoms. Since she's been on this diet, she is able to read a book without scratching her arms and legs because she's so stressed out. So, we decided that this diet has been a huge success and I've decided to step it up a notch. I've REALLY gotten into this gluten-free baking thing. It's not so bad really... I just wish everything held together as well as wheat products. It would make the baking a LOT easier. Oh well. Anyhow, I've already made, chocolate chip cookies, lemon butter cookies, butter cookies, flat bread, garlic bread, rice krispie treats, peanut butter cookies, decked-out pancakes and a few other treats that I just can't remember right now. The brownies I made last night were the best GF snack I've made yet. (Thanks Dad!!) They are so good, I've actually sneaked  a couple for breakfast. They hold really well and taste like regular brownies. I added walnuts for a little extra "something". I think I'm going to make egg pancakes for dinner tonight and see how those work. This is getting kind of interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment