Well, my little monkey girl is now in the first grade. Goodbye nap-time, goodbye "Fun Fridays"... hello detentions and phone calls from the teacher. (Well, I wouldn't be surprised!)
I'm not one of those moms that cries on the first day of school and wonders what to do with myself all day while they're gone. I'm the kind of mom that is excited for the new adventures and wants to know every detail of what happened on the playground that day. I am recalling the joys of childhood through my daughter, even though she can't wait to grow up so she can wear make-up and eat candy at midnight because "grown-ups can do anything, and it's not fair!" I'm the kind of mom that spends her days cooking, cleaning, making phone calls, running errands, and memorizing the words to every single Johnny Test episode ever made. (Hey, at least it's not Barney.)
So, as Kaytlyn embarks on her new "1st grade journey", I'll be sitting here surfing the web for gluten-free snacks I can make for her lunch box. I need to make her childhood as precious and memory-filled as mine was. Even if the easiest way for me to do that is though sugar-filled treats and elementary gossip.
Well at least you have Johnny Test, I had Sesame Street....AND Barney. I'm proud of the kind of mom you became, I guess you WERE paying attention.
ReplyDeleteLove You... Mom <3
Of course I was paying attention! I just PRETENDED not to... :)
ReplyDeleteI never got homemade snacks for school! Who is Johnny TEst?! I would rather listen to anything, but BARNEY who happens to be a toddler favorite around this house. p.s. you made me hungry again. lol <3 I would think first days of school would be so bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteJohnny Test is a cartoon that aired on cartoon network. We have it on Netflix and JJ is currently OBSESSED with it. My mom made us homemade snacks and desserts ALL the time. She's why I have a passion for baking. :)
ReplyDelete